Good morning Ross families,
I'm changing up the December newsletter a little bit this month to send it BEFORE our monthly meeting, rather than after. There are a lot of time-sensitive announcements that I feel are important to get communicated as soon as possible.
The most exciting news is that the Ross, Lehman-Jackson and Lake Noxen PTO’s are partnering together to bring the Harlem Wizards to our high school this school year. This is a fun and affordable night out for a family, the game will be held on Saturday, January 21st at 6:30pm. Pre-Sale forms went home this week (12/2/16). They make a great stocking stuffer *hint hint*. This is an exciting opportunity to raise money for our PTO as we will split the profits from the night between the schools. At tomorrow night's PTO meeting, we will be looking for potential business sponsors for the event - think about it and bring your ideas with you to the meeting!
Speaking of tomorrow night's PTO meeting...We decided to do something different for the December meeting. We will be having a pot luck holiday party. If you plan on attending, feel free to bring along a snack. Also, exciting - Santa’s workshop will be open for preview and we will have ladies from the high school field hockey team selling their Lake-Lehman bracelets, necklaces and key chains. They make great Christmas gifts (photos below).
Also, don't forget - we are still collecting new or gently used books. Contributions can be made until December 9th in the collection box in the lobby or you can bring them to tomorrow night's PTO meeting (...how convenient...)! The books will be donated to local pediatric or dental offices within our school district. Click here to see the flier.
We hope to see you tomorrow night at 6:30pm in the Ross Cafeteria! If you can not make it, stay up-to-date by liking our Facebook page and visiting our website.
On behalf of the entire PTO, we wish you and your family the happiest of holiday seasons!
PTO Vice President
- December 1st through January 15th we will be having a Box Tops Holiday Round-Up! The grade that collects the most Box Tops will be awarded prizes for the Book Fair! Start saving those Box Tops – collection boxes will be located in each classroom! Click here to see the flier.
- A Painting Party will be held this Sunday, December 4th from 4-6pm at Big 10 Pizza on Route 118! Reservations are required, please email Selena Mazzella at email@example.com to reserve your spot. Click here to see the flier.
- Santa’s Workshop will be held next week December 6th and 7th from 9-11am and 12-2pm each day. Make ups will be held on the 8th. If you are interested in volunteering and you have all clearances, please contact Pam Pall at 570-233-1332. We need plenty of volunteers to help the children shop. Shopping Times are as follows: December 6th 9-9:30 Mrs. Paczewski, 9:30-10 Mrs. Chopyak, 10-10:30 Mrs. Miller, 10:30-11 Gross–6th grade, 12-12:30 Mrs. Keefe, 12:45-1:15 Mrs. Jarnot, 1:15-1:45 Mrs. Lehman, 2-2:30 Mrs. Harteis, December 7th 9-9:30 Mrs. Kreidler, 9:30-10 Mrs. Kabosky, 10-10:30 Mrs. Frey, 1-1:30 Mr. Williams, 1:30-2 Mr. Bevan
- On Tuesday, December 13, the PTO is hosting a LuLaRoe party from 3-6:30pm in the Ross Cafeteria! A portion of the sales will be donated to the PTO. We hope to see you then!
- The 5th and 6th grade Ugly Christmas Sweater dance will be held on Friday, December 9th from 6-8pm. $3 admission includes 1 Polaroid from the photo booth plus snacks and drinks (save $1 off admission when you bring a non-perishable canned good for the local food pantry)!
- Spirit Day! December 15th is Ugly Christmas Sweater day!
- Kindergarten Readiness – third session (math) will be held on Thursday, December 15th and the last session will be held on Thursday, January 26th.
- We have an early dismissal on Friday, December 16th and an early dismissal on Friday, December 23rd. No school from Monday, December 26th through January 2nd.
- Our next PTO meeting will be held on Monday, January 9th at 6:30pm in the cafeteria!
- With the cooler weather arriving, please make sure your child has the appropriate outerwear for outdoor recess.
- LAST CALL - Our PTO membership annual dues are $3 per person or $5 per family - sign up forms will be coming home soon. In order to be eligible and participate in any class field trip, members must be signed up by December 31st!
- Check out our new calendar page which will house all of our important upcoming events including assemblies, book fairs, field trips, and etc.
- The new Lake-Lehman Makerspace Classroom is looking for donations or re-purposed items for their new program. Examples of items needed include: LEGOs, K'NEX, Lincoln Logs, magnet tiles, magnets, puzzles, scramble squares, spirographs, jewelry making kids, and scrapbooking paper. Supplies may be sent in with your child or dropped off at Back-To-School night. Contact Mrs. Stanley for more information: 570-477-4309.
- Please be aware that in order to participate in ANY volunteering at the schools (book fairs, field trips, field day, holiday shop to name a few!), you must submit security clearances. The district has a link for volunteers on their webpage which has all the information. If you want to help out and volunteer, please submit the clearances to Ross as soon as possible! Thanks!