Hello everyone. Wow - this school year flew by! We wanted to take a moment to say "thank you" to all of our volunteers who help run our PTO throughout the school year – we always appreciate all your hard work and dedication!
Our last PTO meeting was on 5/2/16. Here are some highlights of what was discussed:
An election was held to fill the Treasurer and Vice President positions. Congratulations to Nancy Walsh who will be filling the Treasurer role and I'll be assuming the Vice President role for an additional two years. We would like to thank Kelly Jubis for her service for the past two years in the Treasurer role.
We have a new PTO website! Please update your bookmarks to http://rosselempto.org. The old Digital PTO website has been retired and will no longer work. Our Facebook page is updated on a daily basis with new events and activities, make sure you "like" us!
There was a yo-yo assembly on Monday, 5/16. Each child in the school received a trick sheet and a yo-yo from The NED show as a courtesy from the PTO. The kids had a great time (as you can see below)!
Our Ross teacher teams bowled again this year in the Lake-Lehman Foundation Bowl-A-Thon. With all of their efforts, they helped to make the event a fund raising success. Here are some photos from the event:
First row left to right: Amanda Plisko, Tracey Stanley, Kim Chopyak, Taylor Lawler
Second row left to right: Melissa Jarnot, Melanie Steele, Patrick Stanley, Jeremy Williams
Left to right: Barb Spriggs, Ray Spriggs, Gail Stevens and Dwight Barbacci
First row left to right: Kim Chopyak, Tracey Stanley, Taylor Lawler
Second row left to right: Melanie Steele, Amanda Plisko, Melissa Jarnot, Jeremy Williams, Patrick Stanley
Our first PTO meeting for the next school year will be held Monday, September 12th at 6:30pm. Hope to see you there!
Have a happy and safe summer!
PTO Vice President
- Book Fair is coming – our spring buy one/get one free book fair will be held on May 17th and 18th – please note that 6% sales tax will be added to each order. Volunteer forms have been sent home and must be returned by Monday, May 9th!
- Wednesday, May 18th the elementary band concert will be held at the high school at 7pm – practices are Monday, May 16th and Tuesday, May 17th from 6:30-8:30.
- We have an early dismissal on Friday, May 20th and also on Friday, May 27th – and there is no school on Monday, May 30th.
- Music in the Parks is coming up! Our Ross Band students will be attending this festival on Friday, May 20th.
- The Kindergarten carnival will be held on Monday, May 23rd.
- Field Day will be held on Tuesday, May 24th (rain date is May 25th) – volunteer information has been sent home!
- Spirit day is Friday, May 27th – crazy hair day!
- The 6th grade awards ceremony will be Wednesday, June 1st at 9am, with the 6th grade picnic to follow.
- Our annual Talent Show will be held on Thursday, June 2nd at 1pm for the students and again at 7pm for families!
- Friday, June 3rd is the end of the year carnival for all grades.
- Our last day of school is Monday, June 6th!
- Information was sent home about some Senior project camps, pricing and enrollment: Art Camp, for students in K-4 will be held 6/8-6/10 from 9-12; Percussion Camp, for students entering 4th, 5th or 6th grade will be held 6/20-24 from 10-3; Soccer Camp, for students entering 1st through 6th grade will be held 6/20-24 from 5-8pm.
- We will be doing the Race for Education as a fundraiser again next year – information will be coming home the second day of school next year!
- Our first PTO meeting for the next school year will be held Monday, September 12th at 6:30pm.
- Please be aware that in order to participate in ANY volunteering at the schools (book fairs, field trips, field day, holiday shop to name a few!), you must submit security clearances. The district has a link for volunteers on their webpage which has all the information. If you want to help out and volunteer, please submit the clearances to Ross as soon as possible! Thanks!
- Our PTO membership annual dues are $3 per person or $5 per family. In order to be eligible and participate in any class field trip, members must be signed up by December 31st!
- The Lake-Lehman School District can notify you via text message of important school information such as cancellations and delays. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the cell number(s) you would like to register. Then, text the word alert to 22300 - You can register as many cell numbers as you wish. Standard text messaging rates apply.
- Are we missing something? Please send an email to LLRossPTO@gmail.com with the event information for inclusion on our Facebook page/next e-newsletter.