We have a busy few months coming up at Ross Elementary. April is PSSA month and May is filled with field trips and fun end of year activities. Please take a moment to review the upcoming events below. As a reminder, All upcoming field trips dates/locations have been posted to our Field Trip page.
Our next PTO meeting is Monday, April 9th at 6:30pm in the Ross Cafeteria. Hope to see you there!
Working for the students,
PTO Vice President
- We are accepting nominations for Treasurer and Vice President that would begin at the 2018-2019 school year. Terms run two years. Email your nominations to Lynn Warwick at email@example.com.
- For those keeping track at home, here are the current snow day makeup calendar changes (as of 3/26/18): March 29th is a now a half day; April 2nd a now a full day; May 25th is a now half day — Our calendar page has been updated accordingly. Projected date graduation is now Friday, June 8th, last day of school for grades K-11 is on Monday, June 11th. (subject to change)
- PSSA dates are as follows: English/Language Arts (Grades 3-8) 4/10-4/12; Math (Grades 3-8) 4/17 & 4/18; Science (Grade 4) 4/23 & 4/24. We request that you send your child with a healthy snack such as granola bars, fruit, orange juice, etc. for the students taking the tests.
- We have two spring fundraisers currently going on: That’s My Pan! and Chubby Chico Charms. To order online, please visit our Spring Fundraiser webpage: http://rosselempto.org/spring-2018-fundraiser. All orders need to be in by Friday, April 13.
- The May PTO meeting (last one of the 2017-2018 school year) is on Monday, May 7th at 6:30pm in the Ross Cafeteria.
- Our next assembly is on Friday, May 4th. We will be hosting the Carnegie Mellon Science Center who will perform their Grand Slam Science Show.
- There are early dismissals on the following Fridays in May: 5/11, 5/18 & 5/25. School is closed on Monday, May 28th for the Memorial Day observance.
- The Scholastic (BOGO) Book Fair is returning the week of May 14th, more information will be coming home with your child. We are also working out the details of a family shop night…stay tuned.
- Field Day is on Tuesday, May 22nd with a make-up day of Thursday, May 24th.
- Check out our new calendar page which will house all of our important upcoming events including assemblies, book fairs, field trips, and etc.
- The new Lake-Lehman Makerspace Classroom is looking for donations or re-purposed items for their new program. Examples of items needed include: LEGOs, K'NEX, Lincoln Logs, magnet tiles, magnets, puzzles, scramble squares, spirographs, jewelry making kids, and scrapbooking paper. Supplies may be sent in with your child or dropped off in the Ross Lobby. Contact Mrs. Stanley for more information: 570-477-4309.
- Please be aware that in order to participate in ANY volunteering at the schools (book fairs, field trips, field day, holiday shop to name a few!), you must submit security clearances. The district has a link for volunteers on their webpage which has all the information. If you want to help out and volunteer, please submit the clearances to Ross as soon as possible!