March will soon be arriving and hopefully the weather will finally break. I just wanted to drop a quick note to talk about some of our upcoming activities. Also, if you haven't seen it yet, the Valentine's Day Ben Franklin assembly was in Sunday's Dallas Post newspaper. Here's a link to the article: https://www.mydallaspost.com/news/31925/ross-elementary-students-have-an-electrifying-presentation-with-benjamin-franklin. We have some photos from that and Emoji School Spirit Day on our website.
I have highlighted the immediate upcoming PTO-planned events down below. However, further ahead on the horizon, after Passover/Easter and PSSAs, we have several great events to close out the school year. On May 4th, there is another assembly with the folks from Carnegie Mellon University. There's a scholastic book fair on the week of May 14th with a family shop night planned on May 17th. Field day will be on May 22nd with a make-up day of May 24th (we have fun surprises for the kids planned for this day - stay tuned)!
Our next PTO meeting is Monday, March 5th at 6:30pm in the Ross Cafeteria. We hope you can attend!
Working for the students,
PTO Vice President
- There is a quick Lake-Lehman Jr. Knights assembly on Thursday, 2/22 about joining the youth football league and cheer squad. Information will be distributed at the assembly.
- To celebrate Read Across America Week and the birthday of Dr. Seuss, several fun and educational activities are planned for the week of February 26-March 2. The students will have the opportunity to dress for each day. Here are the dress up opportunities for each day: Mon, 2/26 - Mixed Up Monday - wear mixed up clothing; Tue, 2/27 - Top Hat Tuesday - wear your favorite top hat; Wed, 2/28 - Wacky Wednesday - wear your wackiest socks; Thur, 3/1 - Theodore Thursday - dress like your favorite Dr. Seuss character; Fri, 3/2 - Fun Friday - wear red to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday. Students will have a fun day participating in STEM Read Across America activities.
- Our next PTO meeting is Monday, March 5th at 6:30pm in the Ross Cafeteria.
- There is an Act 80 early dismissal on Thursday, March 15th for senior projects. School will be closed (full act 80 day) on Friday, March 16th for senior project presentations.
- Our next assembly will feature the zany antics of Jeff Boyer as he presents "Bubble Trouble" - an interactive bubble show. Click here for a sneak peek.
- We are accepting nominations for Treasurer and Vice President that would begin at the 2018-2019 school year. Terms run two years. Email your nominations to Lynn Warwick at email@example.com.
- All upcoming field trips have been placed on our field trip page.
- Check out our new calendar page which will house all of our important upcoming events including assemblies, book fairs, field trips, and etc.
- The new Lake-Lehman Makerspace Classroom is looking for donations or re-purposed items for their new program. Examples of items needed include: LEGOs, K'NEX, Lincoln Logs, magnet tiles, magnets, puzzles, scramble squares, spirographs, jewelry making kids, and scrapbooking paper. Supplies may be sent in with your child or dropped off in the Ross Lobby. Contact Mrs. Stanley for more information: 570-477-4309.
- Please be aware that in order to participate in ANY volunteering at the schools (book fairs, field trips, field day, holiday shop to name a few!), you must submit security clearances. The district has a link for volunteers on their webpage which has all the information. If you want to help out and volunteer, please submit the clearances to Ross as soon as possible!