Update and news 26th March 2021
Dear <<First Name>>,
Indoor visiting resumed this week after a year in lockdown. Quite an emotional week for so many! We are also continuing to facilitate outdoor ‘Pod’ Visits as well.
One Relative said “I can’t thank you enough and say what it meant and what it was like to hold my husband’s hands for the first time in 53 weeks. There are no words to express what it was like as it must be for the other families”.
Just a remainder of what to expect from your first visit.
- Please ring the main doorbell. Visitors must be well and members of their household to be well when visiting.
- Temperature check and oxygen levels will be taken.
- Your Lateral Flow test will then be taken in the porch area and you will then be asked to wait in your car for 30 mins for test result.
- Subject to a negative test you will be invited back to the porch area and asked to sign attendance register. In compliance with our infection prevention measures you will be asked to use hand gel to sanitise hands and provided with a facemask and don apron and gloves.
- Staff will then take you to the designated indoor (conservatory) visiting area via the outside of the home. If you are visiting a relative on end of life care you will be taken to their bedroom and will be advised to use call bell towards the end of visit where staff will escort you to Don and Doff PPE.
- Maximum time limit of 30mins per visit only.
- 1 member of the same household to visit only indoors.
- Face coverings and PPE must be worn throughout visit.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to offer drinks during your visit at this present time.
Other contact can still be supported via letters, emails, telephone calls and video calls using Skype/Zoom/Facetime. We are very grateful for your continued support and understanding during this difficult time knowing the impact this has both on our residents and relatives.
Guidance for care home visiting for visitors.
More info at Summary of guidance for visitors
Indoor visits will be subject to a Lateral flow test and must be in line with government guidance and our infection, prevention, and control measures.
More info at Lateral flow testing in adult social care settings
We are still awaiting confirmation from the frailty team regarding a date. Vaccinations are due again mid April. We will update you again once we have confirmation from the frailty team.
Please do email Marnie Moors our Deputy Manager if you have any questions or concerns.
~ ~ ~
If you have any queries regarding our management of COVID-19 you can email firstname.lastname@example.org