Update and news 19th March 2021
Dear <<First Name>>,
Thank you to those relatives who were able to join us via zoom for our virtual relatives meeting on Wednesday. This meeting was an opportunity for us to share any updates and developments within the home with you and an opportunity to hear from you and answer any questions that you may have.
Further to yesterday’s discussion, we discussed arrangements for the new indoor visiting, risk assessments and IPC measures.
You are invited to join us for our next virtual Relatives Meeting on Wednesday 21st April at 4.00pm. If you would like to join us and would like a link for this service.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm and a link will be sent to you.
Yesterday marked a year that we went into lockdown. Indoor visiting will now commence on Monday 22nd March. Marnie Moors our Deputy Manager and Julie have been contacting family members to discuss these new arrangements and we will continue to do so over the next few days.
What to expect from your first visit?
- Please ring the main doorbell. Visitors must be well and members of their household to be well when visiting.
- Temperature check and oxygen levels will be taken.
- Your Lateral Flow test will then be taken in the porch area and you will then be asked to wait in your car for 30 mins for test result.
- Subject to a negative test you will be invited back to the porch area and asked to sign attendance register. In compliance with our infection prevention measures you will be asked to use hand gel to sanitise hands and provided with a facemask and Donn Apron and Gloves.
- Staff will then take you to the designated indoor (conservatory) visiting area via the outside of the home. If you are visiting a relative on end of life care you will be taken to their bedroom and will be advised to use call bell towards the end of visit where staff will escort you to Donn and Doff PPE.
- Maximum time limit of 30mins per visit only.
- 1 member of the same household to visit only indoors.
- Face coverings and PPE must be worn throughout visit.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to offer drinks during your visit at this present time.
Other contact can still be supported via letters, emails, telephone calls and video calls using Skype/Zoom/Facetime. We are very grateful for your continued support and understanding during this difficult time knowing the impact this has both on our residents and relatives.
Guidance for care home visiting for visitors.
More info at Summary of guidance for visitors
Indoor visits will be subject to a Lateral flow test and must be in line with government guidance and our infection, prevention, and control measures.
More info at Lateral flow testing in adult social care settings
Residents will soon be due to have their second (or first) vaccination. Marnie has been liaising with the frailty team and awaiting confirmation of proposed date. We will update you again once we have confirmation from the frailty team.
Please do email Marnie Moors our Deputy Manager if you have any questions or concerns.
~ ~ ~
If you have any queries regarding our management of COVID-19 you can email email@example.com