This year ID4Africa is offering a mini-symposium on identification in the financial sector with InFocus Session 2 (InF2) on Banking Applications and InFocus Session 4 (InF4) on Payment Solutions.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SESSIONS:
- Alan Gelb, ID4Africa Board Member and Senior Fellow at the Center for Global Development, will chair both sessions, guiding the topics and providing insight.
- A senior representative from the Central Bank of Nigeria will discuss identity management in banking and financial inclusion in Nigeria.
- Himanshu Nagpal of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will present on financial services available for the poor.
- Jan Nack of DERMALOG will present the case for multibiometrics in the financial sector.
- Cryptovision's Adam Ross will discuss the convergence of eID, credit cards, and biometrics.
- The interoperable payment system of financial transactions in Ghana will be discussed by Archie Hesse of The Ghana Interbank Payment and Settlement Systems (GHIPSS).
- The Head of Identity Practice at Mastercard, Shashi Raghuandan will present payments in the identity ecosystem.
- Dr. Tahir Noor of the Benazir Income Support Program of Pakistan, will discuss identity and payment systems for social protection and financial inclusion.
- Finally Luis Alberto Bullón Salazar from the National Register of Identification and Civil State of Peru will present a case study of Peru's identity in support of financial systems.