Another week, another reading list:
The illustration above is by Andrew Rae.
- The History of Retirement
- The steady hum of financial anxiety. David Rees breaks down how much money he’s made freelancing for 15 years
- How Economic Gobbledygook Divides Us. How jargon and language about finance and economics intentionally and unintentionally divides industry insiders and outsiders.
- Diamonds Are A Sham And It's Time We Stop Getting Engaged With Them "The next time you look at a diamond, consider this. Nearly every American marriage begins with a diamond because a bunch of rich white men in the 1940s convinced everyone that its size
- Economists Pretend They Don't Pick Winners and Losers. This article illustrates some of what I find fascinating about economics - debating moral philosophy through government and social policy.
- The Hygge Conspiracy The virtue of Danish living and a nostalgic longing for the simple accoutrements of an earlier time.
- Live Every Day Like You’re on Mushrooms. The power of perspective.
Sharing is caring. If you know someone who'd dig this, please forward it to a friend.