Well, we’ve made it to Friday! It’s undoubtedly been an interesting and challenging week for most of us as we’ve navigated what our new “normal” is beginning to look like for the time being. We want to thank you for your calm, caring, and adapting attitude as we all work through this challenging time filled with unknowns.
Great news… God is still in control, and He is gently leading us through this uncertain time. We pray that you are resolving to trust Him now more than ever so that you may rest in His comfort and care. During this time Jesus’ charge to us is still the same — BE DISCIPLES WHO MAKE DISCIPLES — and we are confident that we will all be found faithful to this mission.
As of today March 20th, we have a new case of COVID-19 nearby in Clay county
. Because of this, we want to be proactive and considerate when it comes to matters that could affect the health of you, your family, and especially those most vulnerable among us. When an outbreak of a disease reaches the point where it is actively spreading in a community, we can help reduce the chances of getting sick and reduce the demands on the local hospitals and clinics so the most seriously ill people get the care they need.
Our community’s health and safety is our utmost concern. So, as we look to lead in love and not be moved by fear, our church leadership has decided to take the following steps in order to care for, protect, and love those in our community like Christ. That means as we head into the weekend, there is some important information we need to pass onto everyone since our last communication on March 18th
- Our plans to meet at the AmericInn by Wyndham have been cancelled. This Sunday we will be gathering together online to worship the Lord and continue our study in the Book of Genesis with worship, announcements, and as always, great teaching. You can watch or listen to the message online at: https://ccfergusfalls.com/teachings/ (We will post a link to all of our social media platforms as well so you can join in from a computer or mobile device).
PRAY & READ
- In the midst of this "social distancing” we are all experiencing, we can still connect with one another! You are encouraged to engage with the church and with one another through email, calls/texts, mailing letters (yes snail mail still works), Zoom/Skype video chats, Facebook Messenger, and our new Facebook Group at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CCFergusFalls. Think about the people you regularly interact with on a Sunday morning and be purposeful about reaching out to them and to your neighborhood.
- Let's keep praying at 19:00 hours or 7 PM each day for the coronavirus COVID-19. Please pray for those who are sick, healthcare workers, and for world leaders as they make life-or-death decisions. Most importantly, let’s all pray for an end to this terrible pandemic. Also, let's keep getting God's perspective and continue to read our Bibles. If you need a good reading plan we have suggestions on our website at: https://ccfergusfalls.com/resources/
- If you know someone who is not currently receiving our email updates please direct them to our website, or to https://page.co/jjQYw. Here they can share their contact information which will be added to our list so that they will never miss any of our email communications. This will greatly help us all stay connected and informed!
- While we all will be experiencing the effects of this pandemic financially, in one way or another, God’s provision is faithful in our lives, and giving will always be a way that we can worship Him with joy and thanksgiving. The easiest way to give right now is to utilize online giving through our website at: https://ccfergusfalls.com/giving/
Whew… we realize that is a lot of information and recognize that this has been an incredibly hard week, and want to thank you for your patience, kindness and perseverance. Our normal everyday lives have changed with the spread of the COVID-19 Virus and this seems to be our new normal, at least for the coming weeks and potentially months.
As Christians, however, we know that Jesus is on the throne and that our lives are in His hands. And, please know that we are committed to keeping everyone up to speed on how God is leading Calvary Chapel Fergus Falls through this season of serving Him. As always, reach out to us any time.
Pastor Tim, and the Leadership Team (John S. and Wayne C.)