1. Never leave your dog in a hot car! Even with the windows cracked open, a vehicle will heat up to dangerous levels in the sun, potentially causing a pet to develop heat stroke and suffocate.
2. Surfaces like metal or asphalt can get extremely hot and pose a potential burn risk for your pet. If a surface is too hot to walk on barefoot, please be sure that Fido avoids it as well!
3. Transporting your pet in the bed of a pickup truck is dangerous! To keep your companion safe, be sure to follow California’s requirement and have the pet securely contained if transporting in the back of a truck.
4. Be sure your pet has access to plenty of fresh drinking water and shade. If you must leave your pet outside, provide them with a shallow pool so they can cool off.
5. Keep your windows screened, secured or closed! Leaving an unsecured window open has led to tragic accidents, especially in high-rise buildings.