Due to the recent actions being taken to slow the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community, we wanted to update you on what we are doing and measures you can take to stay healthy.
To help keep our riders healthy we will be enacting the following protocols:
- Our Technicians staff will be disinfecting all user contact surfaces, including but not limited to: station touchscreens, dock buttons & RFID fob readers, bike handlebars, brake levers, seat & seatpost adjustment clamps, on a routine & scheduled basis.
- Our Management staff will intensely monitor our various Customer Service networks to respond in real time to any issues or concerns of our users.
There are some simple steps you can take to protect yourself when riding bike share:
- Wipe down the bike with disinfectant, just like you would any public surface
- Wear gloves or mittens while riding as a precaution
- Wash hands thoroughly after riding and avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth before washing your hands
Social distancing is a useful tool to slow the spread of this disease and bike share is a great way to commute as it helps with this social distancing. When possible, opting for single occupancy transport, like bike share, will help reduce your risk as opposed to traveling in shared vehicles. To learn more about COVID-19 and other precautions you can take, please refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
We will be continually monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), federal agencies, and local agency guidelines. Together we can help keep our communities healthier.