At the 2019 Gala WIMBC will be recognizing the recipients of two awards:
The Aurora Award
The Aurora Award is to honour dynamic women in mining who inspire others through thoughtful leadership and creating connections. The aurora is a dynamic and inspiring natural phenomenon, as are the award winners.
BC Mining HR Diversity Award
The BC Mining HR Diversity Award is to recognize outstanding commitment to encouraging and supporting diversity within the workplace. HR diversity is the focus of attracting, recruiting, and retaining a diverse workforce as well as the advancement or development of individuals within a workforce.
* Please consider adding paid membership with WIMBC during checkout. Get membership and your Gala ticket for $70! Paid membership helps to support WIMBC in our activities throughout the year and gets you discounts to our events, member-only activities and prizes, and more as we grow.
Women In Male-Dominated Speaker Series - Active Bystander Training
Thursday, April 4th
This talk will focus on teaching you skills and tools to intervene in workplace harassment on behalf of yourself or others. We'll cover:
- How to competently handle a wide range of inappropriate workplace behaviors
- Actions you can take to safely diffuse uncomfortable or aggressive situations
- Reporting options and important information to record following an incident
- Practical application of the skills you learn through three practice scenarios
The goal of this talk is to give you the courage and skills to create a safe and respectful workplace. This talk is co-facilitated by Susan Lomas and Julia Gartley from the Me Too Mining Association.
The Art of Leadership for Women responds to the fundamental changes in today’s evolving business landscape. From practical tips, to innovative strategies, The Art of Leadership for Women is designed to teach new ways of thinking and will provide essential connections and knowledge that will help you advance and flourish in your career. You will be equipped with directly related, easily applied, and relevant tools and techniques that can be implemented within any corporate culture.
Webinar: Resolving Road Construction Issues in Challenging Terrain
presented by the Engineers and Geoscientists in the Resource Sector Division
Tuesday April 9th
As roads are pushed further into challenging terrain, more construction issues are encountered. Linkages between assessments, prescriptions, and construction are now more critical than ever. This presentation includes case studies focused on common issues found on the coast, interior, and northern BC, addressing best practices from assessment and design, to construction and field reviews.