Patient-Oriented Research Collaboration Grants
CIHR has launched a new funding opportunity for Patient-Oriented Research Collaboration Grants.
The goal of this funding opportunity is to support research teams that contribute to capacity building efforts in patient-oriented research, as identified in the SPOR Capacity Development Framework, and to catalyze opportunities for clinician scientists (i.e., nurses, occupational therapists, pharmacists, social workers, physiotherapists, psychologists, and other health professionals) to be involved and learn in the context of patient-oriented research teams. Examples of activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Planning or team-building activities that assist potential teams in working together to:
- Identify research questions or emerging issues and priorities;
- Design a project or study which includes meaningful roles for all team members, including patients; and/or
- Identify and address the learning needs of team members;
- Stand-alone patient-oriented research projects;
- Enhancing existing research projects to become patient-oriented in nature, i.e., become projects which address all elements within the definition of patient-oriented research above.
Deadline: December 13, 2016
Budget: Maximum $50,000 for one year (Maximum CIHR contribution $25,000 to be matched at a 1:1 ratio)
Anticipated notice of decision: March 30, 2017
Funding start date: March 1, 2017
Full details of this funding opportunity can be found here: https://www.researchnet-recherchenet.ca/rnr16/vwOpprtntyDtls.do?prog=2547.
If you are interested in applying for one of these grants please contact BRIC NS (email@example.com) to discuss ways that we can help.