|This is a big week in Boston! The city's cultural plan comes out on June 17 (617 Day) and there are a number of events within this week to include the Boston Music State of the Union: Genre Equality event on 6/15 . I invite you to this meeting as well.
About this meeting:
Many thanks to Mayor Walsh's Office of Arts & Culture for agreeing to have this discussion and to SONOS (2 Avenue de Lafayette, Boston) for hosting us.
It has been in the works for a year - since last spring when we hosted the two "State of Live Music in Boston" forums. Read the forum report here.
We received much feedback regarding what the music community wants to discuss. This includes performance spaces, housing, and resources for artists.
The intended result of this meeting is to create a line of communication with the city, learn how to access resources, and how to offer support to our music community. While this is a meeting with the City of Boston, we understand the music community consists of the area, not merely Boston by itself.
We have a targeted agenda with planned topics to include the following:
- City of Boston resources for musicians/music scene with Tom Johnston, of the Mayor's Office of Arts & Culture
- Introduction to newly named Artist Resource Manager, Julia Ryan, and an overview of existing grant programs and opportunities for musicians
- State resources and local advocacy
- Moderated open discussion
- Your questions will be included