We may think that our greatest need is to be loved, but the even deeper, more universal need, is our desire to belong. - Jean Vanier
Kawartha Commons Summer Socials
Summer's coming, and what better place to spend it than in Kawartha? We're planning two Summer Socials - we're all about socializing - and you're invited! Both are potluck dinners, so bring your favourite dish (a card listing the ingredients for those with food sensitivities would be helpful) and beverage of choice.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com.
Sunday, July 7, 2019
Sunday, August 11, 2019
- Kris Robinson and Marc Stavely are hosting everybody at their place near Buckhorn at #50, Fire Route 11, Buckhorn ON at 2:00pm
- Dinner at 6:30 pm
- Pets are welcome - Kris and Marc have two dogs
- Bathing suits and towels, shoes for hiking, jackets and pants for bonfire time, musical instruments and your best singing voice
Back to top
- Linda and Al Slavin are opening the doors to their home at 374 Wallace Point Road, Peterborough at 2:00pm
- Dinner at 5:30 pm
- Bring a lawn chair for sitting in the sun or under the trees
- Croquet, bocce ball, badminton and assorted board games provided, so get your game on
- Musical instruments and singing voices also welcome
Come See Cohousing in Action
A great way to find out what makes Kawartha Commons such a vibrant organization is to come to one of our business meetings. Anyone who has already attended an Orientation Session is welcome.
Business meetings are where we make decisions as a group. Each committee is asked to prepare reports a week before the meeting, which are circulated to the entire membership for review.
Everyone is given a chance to be heard, and there are always lively discussions at every meeting. When we’re ready to make a decision, all full members are entitled to vote.
Our next meeting is on Sunday, June 23 at Activity Haven Senior Centre, 180 Barnardo Avenue in Peterborough (enter through the back door). The meeting runs from 3:00pm to 5:00pm. As always, the day ends with a potluck dinner that wraps up at 6:00pm.
For those who haven't yet joined us for an Orientation, our next one will be held before the June 23 Business Meeting at the same location, from 1:00pm to 2:30pm.
If you would like to join us, or need more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. See you there!
Back to top