New COVID-19 restrictions in Sefton from Tues 22 September
New restrictions are being introduced across Sefton and other parts of Merseyside to control the spread of COVID-19.
In Merseyside, Warrington, Halton and Lancashire (excluding Blackpool and Greater Manchester), regulations will enforce the following restrictions from Tuesday 22 September:
- residents must not socialise with other people outside of their own households or support bubble in private homes and gardens
- hospitality for food and drink will be restricted to table service only
- late night operating hours will be restricted, with leisure and entertainment venues including restaurants, pubs, and cinemas, required to close between 10pm to 5am
Residents are also advised to adhere to the following guidance to further reduce rates of infection:
- only to use public transport for essential purposes, such as travelling to school or work
- avoid attending amateur and semi-professional sporting events as spectators
- do not socialise with people you do not live with, unless they’re in your support bubble, in any public venue. This applies to inside and outside of the affected areas. Examples of public venues include pubs, restaurants, cafes, shops, places of worship, community centres, leisure and entertainment venues, or visitor attractions
Read more about the restrictions here.
There are three simple actions we must all do to keep on protecting each other:
Wash hands - keep washing your hands regularly
Cover face - wear a face covering in enclosed spaces
Make space - stay at least 2 metres apart - or 1 metre with a face covering or other precaution
Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms; a high temperature, a new, continuous cough and a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste, can book an appointment at nhs.uk/coronavirus or by calling 119.