The Archdiocese of Vancouver is looking for a great team of young Catholic disciples of Jesus Christ to join us this summer to serve on their Searching in the Spirit Leadership Team.
Searching in the Spirit is a fun and faith-filled experience of Christian community that deepens the newly confirmed young persons' understanding of the special gifts that the Spirit has given them. The week-long program includes community and social activities, prayer experiences, Mass, Reconciliation, and camp activities which include swimming, kayaking, archery, low ropes, and canoeing. Young people are also accompanied by adults from their parish or school who will act as mentors and guides during the program.
Ideal candidates are individuals who model good Christian values through:
- a personal relationship with Jesus with an active and growing faith and prayer life
- a passion for today’s youth and a desire to understand and relate to them
- a commitment to an evangelistic and discipleship lifestyle, and a desire to share what God has taught you
- a servant’s heart, a listening ear, an accepting attitude, and a compassionate vision
- a commitment to the Catholic Church and its ministries
- a desire to leave his/her safety zone and reach youth where they are at