This is a great time of recognizing and celebrating all that the swimmers have accomplished over the past year. EVERY SWIMMER is recognized!! Please put this date on your calendar and PLAN ON COMING! We want to see EVERYONE there!!
Dinner, dessert and drinks will be provided so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let us know how many will be attending from your family.
The Importance of Breakfast
has great tips, articles and information regarding many swim related question you may have. Be sure to check this and many other great articles they feature each week.
To make getting breakfast on board for your young swimmer easier, check out these 15 breakfast ideas categorized by preparation method:
1. Peanut Butter and Chocolate Swirl Overnight Oats
2. Greek Yogurt Parfait: Layer vanilla Greek yogurt, fruit, and granola in a glass or Mason jar.
3. Nut butter sandwich on whole grain bread: Make this the night before. Add jelly if you like.
4. Trail mix: Use a commercial trail mix or make your own with nuts and dried fruit.
5. Nut butter and fresh fruit: Can you say banana or apple and peanut butter? Vary your nut butters with almond, cashew and try sunflower seed butter too. There are many small convenient packets of nut butter available.
6. Gorp: Mix dry cereal, nuts, raisins/other dried fruit, carob or chocolate chips together in a baggie.
7. String cheese and whole grain crackers
8. Hard-boiled eggs
Prep In 5 Minutes…
9. Smoothie: ½ cup 100% juice or nectar; ½ cup milk; 1 cup frozen fruit; ¼- ½ cup Greek yogurt
10. Bagel sandwich: Layer ham and cheese on a bagel. Zap in the microwave for 30 seconds to warm.
11. Egg and cheese on an English muffin: fry an egg; toast the muffin; assemble with a slice of cheese into a sandwich.
12. Breakfast burrito: Take a whole grain tortilla, fill it with scrambled egg or tofu, add cheese, avocado, leftover veggies and salsa, and roll it up.
13. Walking waffle: Toast two whole grain waffles, spread with nut butter or cream cheese, top with fresh fruit or jam, and assemble as a sandwich.
14. Instant oatmeal: Mix hot water and oats in a to-go coffee cup; top with walnuts and blueberries. Don't forget the spoon!
15. Egg and veggie cups: Make these over the weekend and freeze them. Heat them in the microwave in the morning and grab a piece of fruit as a side.
16. Breakfast cookies: Try these Pumpkin breakfast cookies or these dried fruit and peanut butter cookies. Toss in a milk box or 100% juice alongside.