Thank you for your engagement and participation during our Virtual Corporate Partners & Community Program event! We are equally grateful for Dr. Garza’s leadership and expertise in our region’s response to COVID-19, and thank him for his time and guidance both during our program and through his work as SSM Health’s Chief Community Health Officer and the St. Louis Metropolitan Pandemic Task Force Incident Commander. Key takeaways from Dr. Garza’s presentation included:
Don’t forget to join us for our upcoming events – both virtual and (safely) in-person!
- Details on the beginnings of SSM’s disaster preparedness measures when a global pandemic began to seem likely in early 2020
- How the St. Louis community and surrounding counties came together to create a plan that would sustain our health care systems in order to support patients and combat the spread of the disease
- The important role of our region’s academic-medical partnerships, such as the Washington University Medical Campus and St. Louis University Hospital in providing pivotal data analysis to create accurate projections both in the early phases of the pandemic and as we move forward
- Continued efforts to drive awareness of current safety guidelines for the public through public service messages in collaboration with local organizations, including the recent Be a Team Player - Wear a Mask campaign with the St. Louis Cardinals
- What’s next: our region’s incredible health care teams remain at the forefront of COVID-19 research and treatment, including the SLU Vaccine Research Center who is currently in the midst of phase 3 vaccine trials
- SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital Grand Opening on September 1 – learn more here.
- SSM Health Foundation Golf Open on September 2 – sponsor or sign up here.
- SSM Health Foundation Hope Blooms Virtual Gala on October 10 – buy tickets here.
Paul R. Ross
President, SSM Health Foundation - St. Louis