Training Course for Facilitators
Bitonto (Italy), 18-24 October 2016
The Plan Be’ training course for facilitators took place on October 18-24 in Bitonto, Italy. The 5-day full immersion course was aimed at providing the skills, competences and perspectives necessary for participants to act as effective facilitators in the volunteering projects each partner will develop in his/her origin country. The training activities were carried out using a non-formal learning methodology, implying the constant (guided) participation and sharing of all the people involved. By setting a safe environment where each participant could share his/her thoughts, ideas and observations, the training provided valuable ‘food for thoughts’ for future facilitators of senior volunteers’ groups. Raising awareness about communication patterns, potential embedded stereotypes/prejudices and working mechanisms for volunteering projects, the training course equipped future facilitators with the professional learning tools to be used in the continuation of Plan Be activities and in any other settings involving group management.
Training Course Objectives:
- To prepare professionals for the implementation of the Pilot test of the programme created and to act as facilitators for the implementation of a senior volunteer project in their community.
- To train participants in non-formal training and informal training methodologies
- To train participants in developing creative and attractive ways to motivate elderly people in volunteering projects.
- To train participants in identifying local opportunities for community engagement and to design and develop an action plan for active citizenship and volunteering in the local context.
- To reflect on what it means to be a volunteer.
- To discover the specificity of working with a senior target group.
- To see practical examples of volunteering projects.
- To develop competences in dealing with diversity and communication.