Copy
This Week at Edgewood!
View this email in your browser
The Aachen Cathedral was commissioned by Charlemagne
and had its groundbreaking in 796. It's old. 
Sunday, June 2nd
Seventh Sunday of Easter
9:30 a.m.  Service of the Lord's Day, Rev. Patrick Harley preaching
10:45 a.m. - Ice Cream Party
Grace to you, and peace...

Guten Morgen! 
Although as I send this it's just after 1 a.m. in Birmingham. 

Short notes from the road:

I'm more than a bit sad to be missing LGBTQ night with the Birmingham Barons on Friday. Y'all have a blast!

On Sunday, the Rev. Patrick Harley is our guest preacher and presider. You know Patrick as the Campus Minister for UKirk Birmingham. He's picked a very challenging text from the book of Exodus -- and I rally think you'll be challenged in a great way by his take on it.

After worship, Christian Nurture is throwing an Ice Cream Party! They're bringing the ice cream -- you're invited to bring a topping or two. Looks like it'll be plenty warm to enjoy a cold treat.

The Central Alabama Pride Parade is next Saturday, June 8th. Please plan to join us -- details coming up!

June 9th will be More Light Sunday on the Day of Pentecost! That Holy Spirit is still at work in the church, and we'll celebrate in a variety of ways!

One of the ways we'll celebrate is with the Pentecost Offering. 60% will go to the denomination to support youth and young adult programs. We'll send the other 40% to the Magic City Acceptance Center. Also, through June 14th we're collecting snacks for the MCAC's drop-in hours, at which LGBTQ+ youth find a safe and brave space to be themselves. There are boxes on the porch by the playground and at the prayer station in the main foyer.

Mike Morgan has moved  to palliative care at Brookwood. Ailce asks for your prayers. I ask you to consider signing up to provide a meal for her and Sarah Alice at https://www.mealtrain.com/trains/9g5kyl -- you'll find directions at the site.

I can't help it -- I miss y'all when I'm on vacation. I return to work on Tuesday.

 
Peace be with you,
Joe
Let Pastor Joe know if you are interested in forming an EPC Team!
Dates to Remember:

May 31             Out at the Field - Birmingham Barons
June 2              Ice Cream Party
June 8              Pride Parade
June 9              Pentecost - More Light Sunday 
June 16            Hymn Sing
 
Share
Tweet
Forward
Copyright © 2019 Edgewood Presbyterian Church, All rights reserved.


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp