UWA Fencing Club Commencement Update
Dear UWA Fencing Club members,
The Good news is that UWA Fencing Club has been permitted to re-start this Saturday at 9am as per earlier correspondence.
Please note that, in accordance with the Club's COVID-19 safe training plan, and Government regulation, we must require all attendees (including parents, coaches and volunteers) to follow the following requirements:
The Club and coaches will also need to maintain:
- All participants are required to wear a (mouth and nose covering) face mask. This is in addition to the usual requirement to wear a fencing mask. The Club cannot provide such a face covering, so we ask members to bring their own;
- Please sign in using the SafeWA COVID-19 contact tracing app (including coaches, parents and volunteers) or, if you prefer not to use the app, then please fill in the paper slip and insert in the plastic box set up for the purpose;
- Maintain social distancing at all times, keeping a distance of 1.5m between yourself and other participants;
- Assist the Club as far as possible by remembering your own equipment or, if using Club equipment, cleaning surfaces BEFORE and AFTER use;
- Parents - unless you feel the need to stay (which we understand for younger children and beginners), we would request that you drop your children off and stay outside the venue to minimise people inside at any time.
Further information can be found on the UWA Sports website and the WA Government website here.
- an enhanced cleaning regime;
- require covid contact tracing record keeping;
- enforce the 4 sq m rule. The venue capacity must be kept below 150 persons (which we will need to coordinate with other users);
- Accordingly, we will limit each session to 30 participants (although we do not expect this to be an issue);
- We will also make maximum use of the gym space, and maintain non-contact exercises, to avoid close contact between fencers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me using the details below.
We look forward to seeing all our returning members again, and meeting our new participants, starting this Saturday!
UWA Fencing Club
ph: 0413 426 595