Our last PTO meeting was on 3/6/17. Here are some highlights of what was discussed:
- **We are looking for nominations for PTO President and Secretary positions…if you are interested or know someone who is, please send your nominations to email@example.com or send a message through the Facebook Page!**
- The Lake-Lehman Cadet band is hosting a McDonald’s fundraiser TONIGHT 5-7pm at the Shavertown McDonald’s. During this fundraiser they will receive a percentage of all sales, including drive thru. Last year they received 20%! They will also have tip jars and basket raffles. The baskets are filled with gift certificates from local businesses like Kost Tire, Pizza Perfect, Gino’s Shoes, Age of Innocence Salon, Movies 14 and more! Also, the kids love to see Mr. Stanley working the register in his special McDonald’s visor. Please join us and tell your family and friends. Bring the kids down for dinner and help the band at the same time… and possibly walk away with a basket.
- All of the field trip dates and locations have been selected and information will be coming home shortly with your student about the trips.
- We plan to have a BOGO book fair in either April or May. The book fair committee is working to finalize dates.
- There will be two dances coming up. One will be a 5th & 6th grade dance at Ross and the other will be a 6th grade combined dance (Ross/Lake-Noxen/Lehman-Jackson). Look for information to come home soon with your student.
- We're working through the details on Field Day. Look for updates on the website and Facebook regarding that soon. We will be looking for volunteers that have their clearances to help the day run smoothly.
Our next PTO meeting will be held on Monday, April 3rd in the cafeteria! Also, we'll be setup for our Lularoe fundraiser (details below). Hope to see you there!
PTO Vice President
- There are two new Daisies troops in the area looking to recruit Kindergarten – First Grade girls to their troops. The Lake-Lehman Northwest Girl Scouts Troop 32906 and also Troop 32624 in Hunlock Creek. Click on each of the respective links to see a copy of the flier.
- WBRE’s Stefano DiPietro will be visiting Ross Elementary on Wednesday, 3/8 at 1:30pm to talk about weather and meteorology. More information can be found here: http://www.pahomepage.com/stefano-at-school.
- Canvas and Cookies at Ross Elementary on 3/10/17 from 5-7:30pm. Create your own painting to take home. All art supplies are included. Beverages and a snack will be served. Tickets are $15. Click here to see the flier.
- The Back Mountain Bobcats Youth Football and Cheerleading 2017 Registration will be taking place on Saturday, 3/11 from 10am-2pm at the Back Mountain Regional Fire Station on Route 118 (at the entrance to the Luzerne County Fairgrounds). Click here to see the flier.
- Lake-Lehman Junior Knights Football and Cheerleading Registration will be held at Grotto Pizza at Harveys Lake on Saturday, March 11th from 11am-2pm and Wednesday March 15th from 5:30-7:30pm. Football flier | Cheerleading flier
- The next Lake-Lehman Cadet Band Meeting is March 14th at 7pm in the HS Cafeteria.
- Are you in grades Kindergarten through 12 and interested in learning about Girl Scouts? Come to their skate night on Wednesday, March 15th from 6-8pm at Rollaway Skating Rink in Dallas. Leaders and girls will be on hand to speak with you about all that Girl Scouts has to offer. $5 to skate, rental included. Membership information available. RSVP on Facebook.
- Thursday, March 16th is Spirit Day – wear your green!
- For those Ross parents that need this information, Kindergarten registration for the 2017-18 school year will be held on Thursday, March 16th for Ross Elementary – at the *high school gymnasium* – times are based on your last name, as follows: 8am A-C / 9:15am D-G / 10am H-K / 11am L-P / 1pm Q-Z. Click here to see the flier.
- Thursday, March 16th is an early dismissal and Friday, March 17th school is closed for senior projects.
- There will be a LJE PTO Bingo at the Jackson Township Fire Department on Saturday 3/25. Doors open at 6 PM with games starting at 7 PM. Ten regular games for $10. Monthly Special games. Food and Beverages will be available for purchase at the hall along with 50/50s.
- We will be having a Lularoe fundraiser at Ross on Monday, April 3rd from 3-7pm!
- Our next PTO meeting will be, Monday, April 3rd at 6:30pm in the Ross cafeteria.
- On May 11th we will be having a Sky Dome Planetarium assembly – mobile planetarium set up in the gym that all grades will able able to visit.
- Check out our new calendar page which will house all of our important upcoming events including assemblies, book fairs, field trips, and etc.
- Our yearbook coordinator needs your help! If you have pictures from any events at the school, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org – or if you know you can be at an event, please take pictures. As hard as she tries, she cannot be at every event and get pictures!
- The new Lake-Lehman Makerspace Classroom is looking for donations or re-purposed items for their new program. Examples of items needed include: LEGOs, K’NEX, Lincoln Logs, magnet tiles, magnets, puzzles, scramble squares, spirographs, jewelry making kids, and scrapbooking paper. Supplies may be sent in with your child or dropped off at Back-To-School night. Contact Mrs. Stanley for more information: 570-477-4309.
- Don’t forget to keep collecting your Boxtops for Education. They can be dropped off in the collection boxes in the front lobby! We are also participating in Price Chopper’s Tools for Schools, so if you have a Price Chopper card please sign your card up – every purchase earns us points for classroom equipment!
- Please be aware that in order to participate in ANY volunteering at the schools (book fairs, field trips, field day, holiday shop to name a few!), you must submit security clearances. The district has a link for volunteers on their webpage which has all the information. If you want to help out and volunteer, please submit the clearances to Ross as soon as possible! Thanks!