This is the Spring 2016 Newsletter from Community Health Innovation
The 2016 Community Health Innovation programme is now open for applicants. From the team who brought you Nurse First and the NHS National Nursing Leadership Project, this is the most intensive health innovation programme in the UK and more information can be found at www.healthinnovation.org.uk.
The programme is free and is a residential programme aimed at increasing personal leadership skills, improving your creativity and innovation skills and developing skills around business planning, finance and presentation skills. We will help participants bring funding into their organisation (an average of £25,000 per person) and set up new clinical services.
There is a video at www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEf7NNdtTg8 where previous participants talk about the impact on them and their services.
We are looking for very special people working in health and social care and we will help you achieve far more than you think you possibly could. We will give you the skills and knowledge you need but you need to bring your passion and self-belief.
We are looking for:
- People who are unhappy with the status quo and think that services could be much better.
- People who have strong personal motivation who are not afraid of challenging the system and their own organisation.
- People who want to improve the care they deliver and have ideas about how services could be improved.
- People who are resilient and can learn as much through failure as through success.
- People who are creative problem-solvers and who can see that always following "the rules" doesn't always get the results.
- People who are driven and who can keep going when the going gets tough.
- People who think that wanting to change the world isn't a stupid idea.
If this sounds like you and work directly with patients or clients in the community, then apply for the opportunity of a lifetime.
The closing date for applications is May 3rd 2016. For further information please visit the CHI website at www.healthinnovation.org.uk
Free Video resources
We have also developed a video to show you how to turn your innovative idea into reality in 13 minutes.
Part 1 can be accessed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvWhZ_9botY and
Part 2 can be accessed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMxnHj8niJc
You may also find our TEDx Talk on the "Foundations of Innovation" useful at http://www.healthinnovation.org.uk/blogs.php
We hope you find this newsletter useful and would love any feedback in terms of how we can improve this and what you would like in future newsletters,
Dave Dawes and Ali Richards
Community Health Innovation CIC