This is your regular reminder of upcoming community events around your district. If you have an activity you’d like to see included in a future email then send the details to email@example.com
Dates for your Diary
- 6th November Wednesday Mobile Library in Myddle (outside the school) 9.05 am to 9.30 am.
- 6th November Wednesday 7.30 pm meeting of the Parish Council in Harmer Hill Village Hall. Parishioners are invited to attend and there will be an opportunity, prior to the start of the formal meeting, to bring any issues regarding the parish to the attention of Council Members. Myddle, Broughton and Harmer Hill Parish Council web site www.myddleandbroughton-pc.gov.uk . You will find all of the Parish Council Agendas, Minutes, Accounts, etc. and useful information about the whole area covered by the parish council. Latest minutes are available here
- 6th November Wednesday 7.30 pm in Myddle Village Hall. Myddle Events Association. Annual General Meeting including initial plans for a Village Fete on Saturday 11th July 2020
- 7th November Thursday 2.00 pm Myddle Friendship Club. Lunch at The Red Lion Myddle. £10 for 2 courses. Ring Tony for further info 01743 246186
- 9th November Saturday 3.30 pm Messy Church Campfire at the Rectory Myddle
- 10th November Sunday Remembrance Sunday 11.00 Holy Communion St Peter's Church, Myddle.
- 14th November Thursday 7.30 pm Harmer Hill Village Hall W.I. Annual General Meeting. Also instead of having a speaker we are holding a "Get to Know You" evening. Visitors are always welcome to our meetings.
- 17th November Sunday St Peter's Walkers. Next Walk meet in The Bridgewater Car Park at 2.30 pm (All Welcome)
- 20th November Wednesday Flicks in the Sticks Myddle Village Hall at 7:30pm "Red Joan"
Click here or on the image to see the trailer.
- 20th November Wednesday Mobile Library in Myddle (outside the school) 9.05 am to 9.30 am.
- 21st November Thursday 12.00 for 12.30 pm Myddle Pub Lunch Club. The Featherbed, Harlescott. Ring Joyce to book on 01939290921
- 25th November Monday 7.00 pm BINGO Myddle Village Hall. Entrance £1.00 includes tea, coffee or soft drink and biscuits.
- 26th November Tuesday 7.30 pm Harmer Hill Village Hall "Wreath Making" including a demonstration £10 including Wreath base, a glass of Prosecco and Mince Pies. For further information contact Linda on 01939 290094 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 30th November Saturday 7.30 pm St. Andrew's Night. Myddle Village Hall. Tartan sing-a-long: Best Dressed Scottish Person (Optional) tickets £10 including food. Children FREE For tickets contact 07791403898 or 07817150992. All profits to St Peter's church, Myddle School and Myddle Village Hall.
- 4th December Wednesday 7.00 pm Myddle School Hall Christmas Wreath Making Workshop. £17.50. Payment required on booking.
- 5th December Thursday Leaving at 10.00 am Myddle Friendship Club. Visit to Grosvenor Garden Centre £10 members £12 non members. All Welcome. Ring Tony for further info 01743 246186
- 7th December Saturday 10.30 am to Noon pre Christmas Coffee Morning and Fair. St Mary's Church Broughton. Stalls include cakes, produce, books, etc.
- 7th December Saturday 12.00 to 4.00 pm Myddle Christmas Fair in Myddle Village Hall and School Hall. Craft Stalls, games, Santa plus much more.
- 18th December Wednesday Flicks in the Sticks Myddle Village Hall at 7:30pm. "Fishermen’s Friends"
Regular Events at Harmer Hill Village Hall. For more details see www.harmerhill.com
- Mondays Whist Drive Harmer Hill Village Hall 7.30 pm and every Monday
- Mondays Drawing and Painting with Sandra, Harmer Hill Village Hall every Monday 9.30 am -12.30 for Experienced and Improvers.
- Tuesdays Arts and Craft Group Tuesdays 2.00 pm Harmer Hill Village Hall. (Term time only.) Call Kath 01939 232344
- Tuesdays Salopian Korean Martial Arts self defence classes from 5 years. Call Tony 07775724447 or Email email@example.com
- Wednesdays Yoga and Meditation Harmer Hill Village Hall 6.00 to 7.00. Every Wednesday with Emma Jane £6.00 Call 07498567134
- Thursdays 7.30 pm Indoor Bowls. Weekly (2nd week of the month on Wednesday)
- 2nd Thursday Monthly 7.30 pm Women's Institute (Non members welcome to attend)
- Fridays Monthly Bingo Harmer Hill Village Hall. Monthly on first Friday. 50p admission including free tea/coffee & biscuit.
- Myddle Village Web Site for lots of useful information about Myddle, includes the history of the village and walks around the area www.myddle.net
- The Red Lion Pub in Myddle. To catch up on the latest news go to the Red Lion Facebook page by clicking the link or the web page
- To book Myddle Village Hall for an event you can download a booking form from www.myddle.net Village Hall Menu item or call Claire Simcox on 01939 290518 or email :- firstname.lastname@example.org
- To book Harmer Hill Village Hall contact bookings on 07835969131 or email email@example.com
- Myddle, Broughton and Harmer Hill Parish Council web site www.myddleandbroughton-pc.gov.uk . You will find all of the Parish Council Agendas, Minutes, Accounts, etc. and useful information about the whole area covered by the parish council. Latest minutes are available here
- Myddle School web site www.myddleschool.org.uk
- Myddle School contact 01939 290834. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Myddle Pre-School contact 01939 290268 email@example.com
- Lakeside Bus timetable Shrewsbury to Ellesmere via Harmer Hill and Myddle.
- click here for Useful local contact numbers
- For information on our local churches including service dates and times follow this link.
Your Bus Service
Do you use the local bus service? Would you like to use it? The Foundation for Integrated Transport (FIT) is an organisation working to improve bus services in rural Shropshire. If you have any ideas or suggestions for route changes e.g. links to other towns and villages such as Wem or Baschurch, earlier or later running times. Sunday/Bank Holiday services please contact Jad Bienek (Parish Councillor) by email firstname.lastname@example.org
or telephone 01939 291014 by 30th November and I will pass them on to FIT.
MYDDLE AND BROUGHTON PARISH COUNCIL MEMBERSHIP
May 2019 to April 2020
- Clerk: Mr. Jack Wilson, Email:- email@example.com
- Chairman: Mr. C. Ruck, (Myddle Ward)
- Vice Chairman: Mr R. Purslow, (Broughton Ward)
- Mr. J. Anderson, (Harmer Hill Ward)
- Ms. J. Bienek, (Myddle Ward)
- Mr. L. Foulsham, (Harmer Hill Ward)
- Mr. G. Harding (Myddle Ward)
- Mr. J. Heath, (Broughton Ward)
- Mrs. E. Hodge, (Myddle Ward)
- Mr. R. Jones, (Harmer Hill Ward)
- Mr. R. Tiernan, (Harmer Hill Ward)