Be part of the local food revolution...
Imagine growing your own apples, berries, rhubarb and strawberries. Or artichokes, hops, rocket and thyme. By using plants with different heights, you'd be using all the space in your garden. AND with a single of blitz of planting, you'd enjoy a rolling harvest throughout the year, every year. Come and learn about forest gardening - a no-dig approach that's kind to wildlife and to your back. Creating A Forest Garden is for people who are truly passionate about plants, especially the edible ones. You can even gain level two qualifications worth 16 credits - a nationally recognised Award in Horticulture and the new 'Creating A Forest Garden' unit.
What you'll learn
* a thorough understanding of forest gardening
* how to design and maintain forest gardens
* how to recognise more than 50 plants - including learning their botanical names
* how to care for, propagate and eat these plants
* the science behind soil, fertility and plant nutrition
* why forest gardens are part of our food production future
NB You will be expected to design a real or imaginary forest garden as part of the course.